Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vegetable Pulav

P1010989

Rain has been spoiling our spring since the last few days and today was just the same,we saw bright sun in the afternoon,so we packed the old breads and headed towards a nearby park to feed ducks and to spend some time in the childrens playground,but bummer..as soon as we reached the park, clouds came all together and it looked as if its going to pour down cats and dogs.But since we were so determined to feed the ducks,we walked towards the pond and started throwing breads to ducks,but to our surprise,not even a sinlge duck came for our bread,I guess on sundays they get a lot of breads and the ducks looked as if they were full and didnt even bother to see what we were throwing,finally to cheer up lil A we started feeding some doves,luckily they showed some interest on breads,thats all we could do when the rain started to pour down and we had to run towards the car.So all together I was disappointed,but then when we got home,I got into a mood to eat some cutlets, S too nodded in agreement,but again we didnt have fish or chicken to make cutlets,so we walked to a nearby supermarket and got some chicken.I cheered up and started cooking in a good mood.Deep frying things is something that I always leave to S when he is at home,so when I finished everything,I gave him the last job to fry it and went away,but my lazy DH,skipped deep frying all together and shallow fried everything.I tasted the first cultet ,and to my disappointment the inside of the cutlet was not done,it was bit moist,so I got really mad at him for spoiling all my effort ! If all went well today I would have posted the cutlet here today :( But poor S has promised me that he will make it up to me by making cutlets for me next week :)

So here I am with a Pulav which I made last week..

Ingredients

Rice - 1 cup

Onion -1

Tomato -1

Chopped vegetables - 1 cup( I used beans,carrot,pepper,green peas etc)

Ginger garlic paste - 1tsp

cinnamon sticks- 1

cloves-2

cardamon-2

Redchilly powder - 1 tsp

Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp

Corainder powder - 1 tbs

Garam masala - 1 tsp

Coriander leaves

Salt

Method

1. Cook the rice and keep it aside.

2. In a wok add some ghee/oil and add whole garam masala saute for 1 minute.

3.Add chopped onions and saute until soft,add ginger garlic paste fry for 1 minute .

4.Add tomatoes and all the spice powder and saute for 1-2 minutes.

5.Finally add the veggies and add water if required and cook .

6.Add the cooked rice and mix well.Garnish with freshly chopped corainer leaves.

Note : You can also add some fried raisins and cashewnuts to the pulav which I didnt use.

23 comments:

foodydelight said...

Wow ruchi....pulav looks very delicious....nice clicks

foodydelight.com

PrathibhaSreejith said...

yummy delicious pulav :-)

Achu's Amma's Kitchen said...

yummy and delious pulavu

Sravs said...

Delicious and inviting pulao !!

Ongoing event CC:Spring Seasonal Food

Hari Chandana P said...

Woww.. colorful and delicious pulav.. awesome shot dear :)
Indian Cuisine

Spicy-Aroma said...

pulao looks so inviting dear..awesome!!
Spicy-Aroma

Priya dharshini said...

Yummy and very inviting pulao

Tina said...

delicious pulav dear..

Faseela said...

yummy n delicious pulav....

Priya Suresh said...

Super flavourful pulao,makes me hungry..

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Pulao looks so inviting....love the color...

Julie said...

Very delicious n yummy pulav!

Join me in the ONGOING EVENT- "Mint & Coriander seeds" (EP Series-Apr)
ERIVUM PULIYUM

Roshni said...

love this... go to food on a lazy day :-)

Unknown said...

That looks like a mouthwatering pulao prep... love it!

Swathi said...

Pulao adipoli.

Sobha Shyam said...

simple and delicious pulao, hope u will get ur cutlets next week :D

Sarah said...

That is a gorgeous bowl of pulao.... looks delicious... love the yellow pulao over the light green table cloth.

Plateful said...

This looks so yummy. Rice is comfort food for me.

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

Wow...looks so delicious...

Suja Manoj said...

Comfort food,really delicious pulao..

Ramya said...

a healthy platter perfect for lunchbox.

Hema said...

Delicious pulao..

Unknown said...

Veg pulav looks so tasty and irresistable.
www.soundaryasbeautyworld.com