How is holidays going on everyone ? This is the time to eat and indulge and I hope everyone is doing the same like me. This time we had a fabulous Christmas lunch at Suchi’s place, so it was a kind of blogger's Christmas this time. We all ate and ate until our tummy could take no more. That didn’t quite end my indulgence, since this is the time we invite guest/ friends over, we have been having friends and still has more dinner plans the following week. I have been cooking crazily and still enjoying the fun of feeding others.
Here is one Mutton curry I cooked during one of these days . We don't buy mutton on a regular basis thats why my blog has more chicken recipes than mutton. I clicked the picture of the curry as we all loved it and I thought if I don’t blog about it, I might forget the recipe and won’t get the exact same taste next time. Sounds funny right ?? But seriosly I keep my blog as a record of my success trials and follow my recipe to dot to recreate the same taste.
Mutton – ½ kg (diced)
Shallots/ Cheriya ulli – 300 gm / ( 2 cup sliced)
Tomato – 1
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Water – 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste( Inji veluthulli paste) – 1tsp
Corainder powder – 1 tbs
Redchilly powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Poppy seeds / Cuscous – 1 tbs
Cinnamon stick – ¼ inch stick
Cardamom – 2
Fennel/ Perum jeerakam – ½ tsp
Pepper / Kurumulaku – ½ tsp
Star anise/ Thakolam – 1
- Marinate the mutton with ingredients listed under ‘ To marinate’ and keep it aside.
- In a wok/ Cheena chatty add coconut oil and sauté the sliced shallots until soft and light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Transfer this masala into a pressure cooker, add the marinated mutton, curry leaves and add water. Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles or until done.
- Open the lid of the cooker when pressure goes off .
- Meanwhile powder the indredients listed under ‘ to powder’ and add this to the mutton curry.
- Turn on the flame again and bring the curry to boil for 3-4 minutes and turn off the flame.
Before I sign off let me wish you all a Fabulous Newyear !!