Saturday, January 18, 2014

Princess Castle Cake


I love making girly cakes and making a Castle cake was  in my wish list since a long time and I am so happy to finally make one for a little princess. I should say making this castle cake was not a cake walk at all. This was one cake which took several hours of hard work and it tested all my patience. Most of the princess cake I saw have cardboard pillars but I wanted the pillars  to be edible so making the pillars out of cake was my biggest worry when I started the work.  One thing I have learnt after this making this cake is that there is no  need any fancy cutters or tools for making cakes. If you look around in your kitchen there  might be  something which comes handy and that how I decided to use my reliable puttu maker for cutting out  the pillars for the cake !!


puttu maker
 It was a 2 tier chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream. Pillars were made from cake and top (cone ) of the pillar is ice cream cone covered in fondant. My plan was to put a princess Aurora on top of the cake but my online delivery of Princess didn’t come on time so I had to satisfy with the small Tiara instead. The flags on top is my hubby's work :) He used  coloured papers for that  and glued them onto a tooth pick.


Thats all for today, will see u all again with a recipe soon :)

10 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

beautifully done happy birthday to your princess

Eat n Eat little More said...

b'day wishes to daughter n a lovely castle cake

Rafeeda AR said...

it looks so good as usual, vinee... seriously i appreciate your patience... i'm one with zero and i doubt if i would ever move to fondant cakes!!! hehe...

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Belated birthday wishes to your little angel. Excellent looking cake.
Deepa

Unknown said...

Such a lovely cake. That's sure some hard work. My little one is wanting a castle cake for her birthday in May.. so thank you for the tips, ideas.. :-)

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

The cake looks awesome Vineetha..I wish you lived somewhere closer to where I am ..my daughter would have loved something like that..

Merry Tummy said...

I am sure the little girl must have felt like princess. Everything is so perfect- the pink, the pillars, the taj...:)

Hari Chandana said...

WOww... what a beautiful cake.. looks amazing.. Belated birthday wishes to your daughter :)

Anupa Joseph (Palaharam) said...

Never tried my luck with fondant ... I know it will be a flop..athukonde veruthe enthina :P

That is a great castle there..all royal touch...u really have some patience in u to make it... I love the design on the door..Vinee oru kalakari thane

Unknown said...

Birthday wishes to your princess vineetha.. :) nicely made and decorated cake..