It has been more than three months since my last post, so I thought I should come back and say a quick hello to you all and wish you all a great festive season ahead! Hope you all gearing up for Christmas and New Year. I am also looking forward to the school holidays and time off work.
Today’s recipe is a hot chocolate pudding, perfect dessert to indulge during the festive time. It’s quick ad unbelievably easy. Two weeks back we went to a restaurant to eat some Chinese with friends and the kids ordered this chocolate pudding for dessert. I was trying hard to be good and made up my mind not to order any dessert for myself but after tasting a spoonful from my boy’s plate I couldn’t resist it, so me and my friend had to order one for us ! It was a lovely dessert with gooey chocolate heaven in the middle…perfect dessert for chocoholics like me. The taste was still lingering in my taste buds so I had to recreate it as soon as possible. I checked few recipes online and all seemed easy, otherwise I wouldn’t have dared to make this on a Thursday night when I felt like eating a pudding after dinner! I whipped up everything before serving dinner and popped it in the oven and by the time we finished dinner pudding was ready.
Caster sugar – 90 gm
Butter – 150 gm
Egg yolks – 3
Large Eggs -3
Dark chocolate – 150 ( I used 120 gm of dark chocolate ( 70 % cocoa ) and 30 gm milk chocolate )
Plain flour – 1 tbs
- In a heat proof bowl, melt chocolate, butter and caster sugar on top of a simmering pan of water.
- Add egg yolks, eggs and beat well.
- Finally add plain flour and fold in.
- Pour the batter into greased ramekin bowls and refrigerate for 25 minutes.
- Put the bowls in a pre- heated oven at 180 degree C for about 12- 14 minutes. Let it stand in the bowl for 2 minutes.
- Run a knife around the bowl, the pudding should easily come off the bowl. Serve it with some vanilla ice cream!
Before I sign of let me wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New year !